Форум о Чулпан Хаматовой
Текущее время: 20 Ноябрь 2017 16:40

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Автор Сообщение
 buying a film on dvd
СообщениеДобавлено: 18 Сентябрь 2006 19:42 
Новичок

This might not be realistic, but would anyone associated with this website happen to know where I could buy 'Strana Glukhik' with English subtitles in Moscow? Or perhaps an online store that could deliver an NTSC version in the US? I checked RussianDVD already and it is out of stock.

I live and work in Moscow, my sister works back home in the states at a university for the deaf, saw this movie on television recently and know that she and her students would like it, none of them know Russian of course, which is why I need an English version.

Any advice please send to sobakavich@yahoo.com.

Thanks and best,
Thomas

СообщениеДобавлено: 18 Сентябрь 2006 21:08 
Администратор

Hi Thomas, there is rather a simple solution to this problem. At least it works with the avi version of the movie (e.g. when playing with winamp on a pc). If it's ok then you can easily reproduce this method. I easily found and downloaded the English subtitles on the net, specifically, at http://subtitles.images.o2.cz/d/45778/S ... khikh.html
You can dl and unrar the file to get an srt file which contains the subtitles. Then you put this file and the avi file in the same directory and rename them so they have the same name while keeping the extensions. When you play the avi, the subtitles just appear on the screen at appropriate times! It's as easy as that.
I did not make any research on how to use this method with dvd format or whether this will work with a dvd player connected to a tv set.
If you cannot find the avi file I could make a copy for you (though you can easily find it on emule network). If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me.

(more explanations sent to your mail)
Good luck! :)

СообщениеДобавлено: 25 Сентябрь 2006 17:49 
Новичок

Thanks for the info, very greatly appreciated!

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа